"Ralphie took a dump this big." (Image: RMN)
The Rocky Mountain News interviews Hawkins and Texas A&M's Coach Fran about SEC football gamedays in the South. Best line:
But [Hawkins] calls those Southern excursions "a tremendous experience" and no doubt believes CU will be better for its first trip to an SEC site in 26 years.Also from the Rocky Mountain News comes "Colorado to Face Lights out UGA Defense."
"They do it up right," Hawkins said. "It's like here, kind of, but on a bigger, grander scope. Everybody dresses up; it's an event. The visiting team goes in there and they love you up. They have you come in, eat their barbecue, are glad to have you.
"Then, when the game starts, they're like, 'You can yell for your team all you want to, but don't say anything about our team - or it ain't gonna be good.' It's one of those things that make college football great. It's a great atmosphere and great tradition. And, oh, by the way, (Georgia) happens to be one of the better football teams in America."
The statistical difference between their offense and [UGA's] defense is staggering. By the numbers, the scenario the Buffs face Saturday in Athens, Ga., in their initial romp "between the hedges":Other articles of note:
• No. 114: CU's weekly ranking in scoring offense (7.67 points a game) among 119 NCAA Division I-A teams.
• No. 2: Georgia's weekly ranking in scoring defense (3.3 points a game).
• No. 115: CU's position in total offense (193.67 yards a game).
• No. 5: Georgia's position in total defense (203.67 yards a game).
- Hawkins not frustrated -- Idaho Statesman
- Buffs Face Dog-gone Tough Defense -- Denver Post
- Offense Under Pressure - Denver Post
- Conservation Plan for Hawk - Denver Post
- Hawk knew this wouldn't be easy - BuffStampede.com (Rivals)
- Buffs Grappling with Frustration - Longmont FYI
(hat tip to DawgBone.net for several of those articles)