Who woulda thunk it? Image: RamblinWreck.com
The Yellow Jackets are 4-1/2-0, and they control their fortune in the ACC Coastal division. Nix/Gailey *finally* wised up and realized that they have one of the most dominating players in college football on their team in Calvin Johnson. Against VT, Reggie Ball completed 9 passes and six of them went to Calvin.
GT fans should be giddy; although not all are. Everyone else in their division already has a loss, and GT holds the tie breaker with VT now. They have games remaining against:
- Maryland (home) - Gailey has faired very well vs. Fridge in ATL. Plus, Maryland is very slow, and they struggled to beat FIU 14-10 this week.
- Clemson (Road) - Your typical GT vs. CU game with a 7 point or less finish
- Miami (home) - a team in turmoil that can't throw well enough to take advantage of GT's mediocre secondary.
- NCSU (road) - they rarely lose at State.
- UNC (road) - Bunting is all but gone. UNC may only have 1 Div I-A win by this time.
- Duke (home) - Duke lost to a horrible UVA team 37-0.
- Georgia (road) - Another team that needs to work on its passing game to take advantage of GT's secondary.
VT still has games remaining against Clemson (home) and Miami (road) further strengthening GT's chances at a trip to Jacksonville for the ACC title game. A Tech vs. Clemson rematch in Jacksonville looms...especially since CU doesn't play Miami this year while BC still has Miami, VT and FSU.
More on GT:
-- Nathan at AOL's GT site, is up in arms with GT being listed behind VT in the Coaches' Poll. Fair enough.
-- Things looking up for GT -- AJC
-- The Tech Bandwagon Jumpers -- Goldentornado.net