He ranked the non-conference schedules of each SEC member in 2007 using his own star system. Per Finebaum:"I have ranked the opponents based on the star system -- with five signifying a must-see game and one being the equivalent of watching C-SPAN."
He came up with this:
- 1. UGA
2. (tie) LSU
2. (tie) SC
2. (tie) MSU
6. (tie) Bama
6. (tie) Ole Miss
9. (tie) Florida
10. (tie) UK
10. (tie) Vandy
- 5 stars = a game the SEC team in question's fan base will love. That means UK vs. Lville would be a 5 star match-up for UK fans. Not a 5 star match-up for the rest of us.
- 4 stars = a quality BCS match-up, but not a Ben Hur game. AU vs. KSU or UGA vs. OkSU would be an example.
- 3 stars = a quality mid-major team like Houston, Southern Miss or Memphis.
- 2 stars = bad mid-major or upper tier low-major team. Like Tulane or Troy.
- 1 star = horrific Div I team or a Div I-AA jobber.
Since the 12th game appeared, Damon & Co. have done a great job of lining up quality opponents alongside GT.
- Clemson - '02, '03, '13, '14
Colorado - '06, '10
Oklahoma State - '07, '09
Arizona State - '08, '09
Louisville - '11, '12
Oregon - '15, '16
-- Let's Talk Schedules -- Sun-Sentinel
-- Cross Sectional Scheduling by BCS Conferences - DawgSports.com
PS - Happy Mothers Day...oh and Spy School / Gone Fishing will wait a little bit.