Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

June 14, 2007

Next Generation Georgia Sports Blog Coming?

Proposed new Georgia Sports Blog Look (Click Image to Enlarge)

This site could be on the cusp of a large overhaul very soon. NOTE: The web address of the Georgia Sports Blog will NOT be changing anytime soon. Here's a working demo of the new look as it exists now.As you can see, I've still got some work to do to get the site from the look you see in the PhotoShop image above to the demo site.

The Purpose of the Upgrade:
The upgrade should provide more "above the fold" screen real estate, widen the overall frame, improve navigation and let me present ads better. Moving from two columns to three columns via the new blogger template ain't the easiest thing in the world, but that's my goal.

Please feel free to give me feedback on the new site design. The working demo lacks many bells and whistles, a full blown blog roll/link list, ads, a new logo, etc. But the demo combined with the image above should give you a clear idea of where I'm heading. All feedback is welcome either in the comments or via email.

No ETA on the upgrade. You'll just login one day and it'll be rocking. In the meantime, let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Paul Westerdawg
Publisher
Georgia Sports Blog

PS -- We've made a lot of progress since the old funky blue site!

9 comments:

BulldogBry said...

Paul,
Love the look. Two questions:
Will the labels stay at the top right?

And

You ARE going to get rid of the picture of that Tech nerd, right?

Anonymous said...

I like it, but you need a hot girl pic of the day link.. Hot Girls & UGA football...can't get much better then.....

Wait...I forget "& BEER"..can't forget the beer :)

Unknown said...

The labels will be somewhere one way or the other. The problem with the label feature is that you can't limit it to the Top 5, 10 or 20 labels.

I have probably 40 labels. So I may have to hard code links to the labels instead of having them be dynamic and showing the # of posts associated with each topic.

Anonymous said...

love it paul im a contasnt reader and addict to the blog and i love seein new posts on how Georgia Rules! and u guys are hilarious with ur pics too but the desgin looks great keep up the good work Jack Loonam

Anonymous said...

love the proposed changes and new look. visit here daily. keep the hits coming!

Anonymous said...

I like the new version alot

Jim Wood said...

PWD - I really like the new look. I hope it works out for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey man,
I love your blog, and the only reason I read it is for the great posts and hilarious content. That being said, I don't care how the site looks provided I can find the text to read it.
Sincerely,
Avid Blog-Reader

Randal Burgess said...

I think it looks good and you are upgrading for all the right reasons...I'd definitely get the debugging done before August!

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan