Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 31, 2007

SEC West Predictions


Flynn vs. the Dawgs in the '05 Title Game (image: Hipple)

1. LSU (12-1/8-1/SECC) - To adapt a line heard elsewhere...the offenses from the first half of tonight's LSU vs. Miss State game looked like two retarded virgins trying to get it on. However, the defense looks exceptional. Prediction: As Flynn and the offense settle in and find their missing chromosome, they'll win enough to become SEC Champs.

2. AU (10-2/6-2) - The revenge factor combined with the fact that I've only see Georgia beat Auburn at home twice since I enrolled in '90 leaves me wary about this late season match-up. Prediction: Of all the things I'm most sure about this season, Florida beating these guys in Gainesville is near the top of the list.

3. ARK (9-3/5-3) - Their road game in Week 2 vs. Bama looms gynormous, but I think they'll take that one. If it were me, I'd leave Casey Dick at home and just play McFadden at QB every down. Prediction: Losses at LSU and at UT + one more.

4. Bama (7-5/4-4) - I think the Tide will start off 2-3 after consecutive losses to Arkansas, Georgia and FSU. However, I could see them building momentum later in the year. The naysayers don't think Saban can rebuild Bama like he did at LSU. To them I ask, do you think Saban is a better coach than Fulmer, Tuberville, Miles and Nutt? At worst, he's a push and in several cases, he's clearly superior. He who has the best coach over the long haul wins. Prediction: Saban will beat UT (home) or Auburn (road) to settle the fans and build towards a bigger '08 and '09 when he wins the West for the first time.

5. Ole Miss - Yaw, yaw, yaw, you suck. A former walk-on at Delta State has won the starting QB job. There's no way to spin that as a good thing. Luckily, MSU is worse. Prediction: Orgeron keeps his job if he can out coach Derek Dooley (La. Tech), Steve Martin (Vandy), Tommy West (Memphis) and Sly Croom. I think he needs to sweep those 4 plus beat his Div I-AA team to keep his job.

6. MSU - I realize that LSU has a dominating defense, but watching the MSU/LSU game left me shaking my head. Croom has a poorly designed offense combined with ill timed plays that were poorly executed by slow kids who don't throw, block or catch well. Otherwise, it's sunshine and roses. Prediction: Croom becomes the first black coach to get fired in the SEC.

Upset Alert:
  • LSU at Bama: Tony Barnhart called this one too.
  • South Florida at Auburn: Luckily for Auburn it isn't a pre-noon Tuberville blow out special.
  • Houston at Alabama: Houston isn't devoid of talent. If Bama were to upset FSU, getting blind sided by Houston is completely within reason.
  • La. Tech at Miss State; De-rek Doo-ley. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.
PWD

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt bad for the MSU kids. The defense was working so hard and really came to play. Tossing up 6 ints ins't going to help much. They were lucky it wasn't 64 to 0.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan