Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

March 24, 2008

Former UGA Player Walker Atrice Dies

The AJC reports that Walker Atrice who played for UGA from '95-'98 passed away Saturday after a Golden Gloves boxing match in Atlanta. Per the AJC:
According to UGA's football media guide, Atrice attended Lakeside High School in DeKalb and was an honorable mention All-State football player. He was redshirted at Georgia in 1995 and played a reserve role the next three seasons.
Thoughts and prayers go out to the Atrice family.

See Also:
-- Walker Atrice - Knuckle Up Fitness
-- Images on Flickr - Neva Spell

PWD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to high school with Walker and all I can say is that he was a great guy and an amazing athlete. He had a great knack to make any player feel like he could take on the world no matter how big or small you were.

Rest in peace, man.

Scott H.

Anonymous said...

Lakeside/Auburn alum here. Just wanted to do the "thoughts sent" thing.

DAve said...

I also went to Lakeside with Walker and I echo Scott's sentiments. He was a very cool, personable guy.

I'll never forget being at a party at another LHS grad's apt. at Sussex Club the night the Braves won the World Series and Walker comes striding in shirtless with a huge python around his neck.

Kanu said...

I was friends with Walker at UGA- what an amazing guy- major echo of scott & dave from me.

He literally gave me the shirt off his back once, late night in the Luckie triplets' hotel room at spring break in PC. 1996 UGA jersey #31, then signed it with a sharpie. It hangs in my closet today.

My thoughts are with him and his family. He was a very special person and I am happy to have met him and shared some time with him in this life.

RIP Walker.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan