Opponent's game prior to match-up with UGA:
- Week 1: GSU -- n/a
- Week 2: Central Michigan -- The Fighting Middle Men (I prefer that nickname to Chippewa or however you spell it) will play Eastern Illinois at home before coming to Athens.
- Week 3: at South Carolina -- The Gamecocks get a two day head start in prepping for the Dawgs as they play Vanderbilt the Thursday before the UGA game.
- Week 4: at Arizona State -- They face UNLV at home before playing us. (Image: Click to enlarge and then laugh...3.5 hours to tailgate. lol*)
- Week 5: Alabama -- The Crimson Tide plays Arkansas in Fayetteville the week before us. Houston Nutt coached teams and their punishing ground game used to softened up teams for their next opponent. It's doubtful that Petrino's squad will be beating Bama up much, but at least it's an SEC game.
- Week 6: IDLE
- Week 7: Tennessee -- Last year, the Vols had an off-week before playing the Dawgs. They used it to get pissed off, healthy and much less stupid. Subsequently, they beat the unshirted hell out of us. This year, they get Northern Illinois and we get the bye week. I still think this is a blackout game. We should be ready.
- Week 8: Vanderbilt -- The Dores travel to Starkville to face the Bizarro Dawgs prior to playing us.
- Week 9: at LSU -- The Tigers will play South Carolina in Columbia before we tangle in Baton Rouge. (Image: LSU fan in training)
- Week 10: Florida (Jax) -- The Gators face Kentucky in the Swamp. Many UGA fans point to the need for a bye week before this game. I could care less as long as the Gators don't get one, either.
- Week 11: at Kentucky -- The Wildcats will get a banged up Georgia team coming off two extremely physical match-ups away from Athens. The prior week, the Cats face Miss State in Starkville.
- Week 12: at Auburn -- The Tigers get UT-Martin prior to facing Georgia. Last year, they demolished Tennessee Tech before the UGA game. They looked to be coming into our contest rested and finely tuned. Then came the Black Out, the Interceptions, the Soulja Boy and the shame.
- Week 13: IDLE
- Week 14: Georgia Tech -- We face the Nerds on Nov. 29th. That's 41 days after our last home game vs. Vandy! After traveling 3,164 miles in 23 days, the Dawgs will need the two weeks to rest and get ready for the triple option. The Nerds get the Miami Hurricanes at home before playing us. However, they catch a break with the Cane game on a Thursday. That gives them an extra two days to prep for us.
Your take on the schedule?
-- UGA 2008 Schedule: 7,338 miles of awesome - GSB
*ASU image from ink of the week