Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 22, 2008

ACC Bowl Predictions


I'm a sucker. Let's get that out of the way. I know better than to pick Tommy Bowden to win anything of substance, but I can't help it. The Tigers avoid Miami and Virginia Tech on the schedule, and they own FSU lately. (Image: I prefer unhappy Tigers if given the choice.)

With FSU still rebuilding, the Clemson schedule shapes up in such a way that as long as they beat Wake Forest, they should win the ACC Atlantic Division with a 6-2 record or better. With that in mind, I'm predicting them as ACC Champs. I realize they have OL issues, but the entire ACC has issues. Unfortunately, I'm not alone. Here's how the experts pick the ACC.

Darkhorse ACC Team - UNC
I don't think the Tarheels can win the ACC or even their division; however, if they can make some real noise. After playing Virginia Tech and Miami in weeks 3 and 4, they UConn and Notre Dame at home to build back some confidence. If the Heels get to 8 wins, they could be a Gator Bowl selection.

ACC Bowl Predictions:
    Orange - Clemson
    Peach - Virginia Tech
    Gator - UNC
    Champ Sports - FSU
    Meineke Car Care - Wake Forest
    Music City Bowl - Miami
    Emerald Bowl - Boston College
    Congressional Bowl - Virginia
    At-Large Bowl - Georgia Tech
I keep wavering on whether or not Georgia Tech has a Bowl eligible team. The Mississippi State and UNC games loom enormous on their schedule if they want to go bowling, and the more I learn about UNC...the more I like the Heels over the Jackets.

See Also:

-- Clemson Preview - CFN
-- Athlon's Clemson Preview

Agree or Disagree?

PWD

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put together a list of the W-L records of every BCS conference starter. Second winningest QB going into this season (behind Pat White)? Sean Glennon. 27 career wins. (Rudy Carpenter is 3rd with 21.)

Only in a conference as bad as the ACC would that be possible.

S.A.W.B. said...

I'm feeling fairly confident that Yech will not be bowling anywhere this year, unless they head to Suburban Lanes up by Emory.

They've lost so much 'talent' up there on North Avenue from an already talent-challenged squad, that I think depth will become a real issue by mid-season for the Nerds.

Beyond that, I'm not sure Miami will have much improvement on year 2 of the Randy Shannon show, if any. Miami might miss a bowl game as well this year.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute. You mean our "bust" of a QB wins 81.2% of his starts, but the "greatest player of his era" only wins 69%. How can that be?

Mackie said...

I could be mistaken but didn't the ACC remove their affiliation with the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise? If so I would be uber-happy if Tech didn't get bowl consideration due to their loss of a tie-in and also Tech being THAT BAD again.

Unknown said...

I predict Tech will go to the Toilet Bowl.

Anonymous said...

"I predict Tech will go to the Toilet Bowl."

in Flushing, NY...

Anonymous said...

You think klempson wins the ACC? they gotta play in a championship game first. most likely vs VT. check their record vs. VT in the last several years. not very good.

Anonymous said...

VT is 5-0 since 1998. clemson is to virginia tech what georgia tech is to georgia

hoodawg said...

Paul, you have the Peach (yes, it will always be the Peach) ahead of the Gator -- did they switch their pick priorities?

Unknown said...

> Paul, you have the Peach (yes, it will always be the Peach) ahead of the Gator -- did they switch their pick priorities?


Yes. They did. I think that started in 2006 or 2007.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan