Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 14, 2008

Donating Unused ASU Tickets to Charity

So let's say that you bought Arizona State Season Tickets. If you're looking to make some cash selling your non-UGA tickets online, it's tough sledding out there. The Oregon, UCLA and Washington State games have some resale value on Stubhub, eBay, Etc. Unfortunately, the Northern Arizona, UNLV and Stanford tickets have minimal resale value.

However, ASU does have a program where you can send your unused tickets for games back to them (in advance obviously), and they will donate those tickets to local non-profit organizations such as Boys and Girls Clubs. Then ASU will send you a tax donation receipt.

Here's how it works. Send your unused tickets to:

Sun Devil Ticket Office
Ticket Donation Program
PO Box 872405
Tempe, AZ 85287-2405

Tickets need to arrive 14 days before the scheduled game. However, the person I talked to in the Ticket Office said that they are willing to make an exception on the first game because quite obviously we're pretty much within the 14 day window now. He said please send the Game 1 tickets "as soon as possible." (Remember, they still have to get them to the kids)

Apparently, they will mail you the tax deduction information after that. I had two conversations with them about this, and I was given consistent answers.

Make sure that you let them know where to mail the tax receipt.

As I said, your unused tickets go to charity groups like Boys and Girls clubs. I didn't ask for details on this. I frankly don't care. My letter says "donate these tickets to the charity of your choice."

Also note that they adjusted the "printed face value" on the tickets to $14.16. This basically is the $99.00 season ticket price divided by 7 home games. You'll get a tax donation credit for the amount on the face value.

If you throw NAU, UNLV and Stanford into a package on CriagsList or eBay, you might get $5-8 each. That doesn't seem worth the hassle to me. That's why I'm sending those games back for the tax write-off.

Separately, I've already sold my UCLA and Oregon tickets. I'll take my chances with WSU later. We'll see.

See Also::
-- Arizona Sun Devil Tickets on Stubhub

PWD


* Disclaimer: The Georgia Sports Blog and its writers are *not* accountants, financial advisers or even people that can count without their fingers and toes. If you have questions about this, you should either call the ASU Ticket Office or your accountant. I'm simply repeating what I was told.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have yet to recieve my season tickets...i checked on Tuesday and they've been printed but that is all i was told. Am i the only one?

Unknown said...

I just got mine today.

Kevin said...

Just ran to my mailbox and I got my AZ season tickets today as well.

Anonymous said...

I think you mean AZ STATE tickets...

Anonymous said...

has nothing to do with this but here is knowshons espn cover

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/insider/insiderMagIndex/mag_08252008.jpg

in borat voice "VERY NICE"

Anonymous said...

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/insider/insiderMagIndex/m
ag_08252008.jpg



just copy and paste that in two parts (sorrY)

Anonymous said...

This is a great way for UGA fans to show what we're all about -- donating unused tickets. My father-in-law plans to, and I think it's a great move.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan