Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 19, 2008

Site Performance Today?

Is it just me or is the site loading slowly today? It seems like the left hand nav bar and header graphics load quickly, but the main content and right navigational bar load slowly.

I tested with and without the new advertisement at the top of the page, and it didn't seem to make a difference. Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE -- Has the performance improved?


BTW -- About that ad at the top of the page. I realize that it's a little more obtrusive than other ad that I've tried. I'm sort of trying to find the right place for the ads on the page in terms of both production and usability for the rest of the site. Please bear with me while I tinker with things.

PWD

9 comments:

ChicagoDawg said...

The main content frame is definately loading slower.

Mackie said...

Same here, but not enough to bother me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, its a low slower. It usually is instant for me, but taken around 6 seconds or more to load the main content right now.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the slow load.

Anonymous said...

Last night I could not get the videos to play and it seems to be slower than usual.

Husband and I have a web page and when there is a lot of videos on the page it seems to be slower at times.

Worth the wait to read about the Dawgs.

Mike said...

In regards to the update...seems about the same wait as earlier today.

Unknown said...

Transferring data from google-analytics.com seems to be the hold-up for me. . .

But, I wouldn't even have noticed had you not made a post about it.

Anonymous said...

I use Slimbrowser, and I'd say for the past week or two it has taken a few extra seconds for the page to load. It kind of freezes my browser. Not really sure what that's about.

Crane said...

This is what I do for a living.

Free basic performance improvements download the following firefox extention

For your use

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60



chances are however if you didn't change anything between when speed was fine and when it slowed down that Google was doing something on their end.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan