Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

September 8, 2008

The Polls: Our Opponents Continue to Rise

With the obvious exception of South Carolina, our opponents continue to creep up the polls.
    AP / Coaches:
  • Florida #4 / #4 (tickets)
  • LSU #7 / #7 (tickets)
  • Auburn #9 / #9 (tickets)
  • Alabama #11 / #16 (tickets)
  • Arizona State #15 / #13 (tickets)
  • Others receiving votes: Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and South Carolina.
That means that 10 of our 12 scheduled opponents are either ranked or receiving votes. Damn. I'm having trouble not looking past South Carolina to Arizona State. Am I the only one?

PWD

5 comments:

Evan said...

Part of me tho wishes scar wouldve won so theyd have been ranked when we beat em...no worries though, plenty of talent in the top 10 comes our way soon enuf

Russ Fortson said...

One game at a time! That's the only way we'll make it through this death march of a schedule.

Anonymous said...

I bet the coaching staff is doing a fine job of reminding the players of last year's loss.

Has there been a game where UGA lost because it was looking ahead?

Anonymous said...

I'm not really having trouble, but the "bring on Georgia" signs sighted in Tempe last Saturday aren't helping -- especially since I've got my tickets and am making the most anticipated road game in a long time for UGA.

I just want them to know that we're coming... and we're bringin' it. Oh yeah, we're bringin' it because we're bringing The Knowshon!

Cash Mag-Direct Mail Ads in Savannah., GA said...

I'm looking ahead to Auburn. Other than that game I have no worries.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan