Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

December 13, 2008

Aaron Murray Played Every Snap in Playoff Win

Tampa's Plant Panthers were quarterbacked by Georgia Bulldog recruit Aaron Murray for the entire game last night as Plant defeated Dwyer 33-21. Murray was only eight weeks removed from a broken leg and dislocated ankle, but he made a miraculous return to help his team advance to the State Championship game.

On the night, he was 12-26 for 197 yards. The Tampa paper said he looked a little rusty, but his first throw of the game -- a 33 yard completion -- was the stuff of high school legend.

One more game to go, and then I'm pretty sure he enrolls early in Athens for Winter Spring Semester.

PWD

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man...I love this kid more every time I read about him.

Anonymous said...

call me a wishful thinker, but I believe Murray will win more games for Georgia than Stafford did.

this guy has winner written all over him.

Barstool69 said...

J.D. McCoy'esque

Hobnail_Boot said...

Your 2009 G-Day headline: Cox/Gray/Mett/Murray.

Let's hope this turns out better than '06.

Anonymous said...

Hey Georgia,
YOU STINK!!! Go Sparts, kick some butt!

Unknown said...

Just a note: Spring is the semester following Fall, not winter.

Unknown said...

Ryan - thanks. When I was in school, we were on quarters...so I couldn't remember if it was called winter or spring. Thanks.

ugagirl24 said...

I agree Matt B.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he will win more than Stafford did and if he doesn't I'll consider him a bust. Because he will have a better o-line than Stafford ever had, despite all the naysayers on Stafford he never had a proper team built around him and his strengths. So here's hoping our Coaches do their jobs this time.

Universal Remonster said...

I think the competition between him and Mettenberger is going to be closer than most think. I also think that both of them redshirt this year.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan