Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

March 16, 2009

About the Moody situation

I honestly don't see how this is a big deal. Moody is an exceptionally gifted linebacker by most accounts who was the longest shot to qualify in this recruiting class. Georgia released him from his scholarship unconditionally for not basically getting his act together in the classroom and/or staying out of trouble.

Sounds like a bullet dodged if you ask me. Sort of like Greg Reid saying he didn't want to come to UGA because it would've been too much work. How is that a loss?

I don't need a team full of choir boys to be happy as a fan, but if you aren't going to work hard and do what you're asked during this honeymoon period now....how are you going to help us beat the Gators when the going gets rough?

PWD

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

peace out, Dex. we're riddled with young LBs as it is.

Anonymous said...

Coach Turner, Laney Kiffin on line 1 for you.

MikeInValdosta said...

Doubt it has to do with qualifying alone. We have sent plenty to Hargrave and others for "prepping". My bet is something more serious. Whatever it is, I hope the kid gets it straightened out and makes something of himself.

peacedog said...

I'm totally ok with this.

Anonymous said...

Makes sense he wants to go to UF.

"I want to play, and I want to be with a program that wins. I'm not sure Georgia is that program."

Swansey

FCDA said...

Anonymous @ 8:45 - Makes sense he wants to go to UF. From AJC:

"But Moody said Monday night it was due to a recent suspension he received for threatening an Emanuel County Institute teacher."

Sounds like a Floriduh player already.

LINK

AuditDawg said...

“'I’m not upset about it,' Moody said. 'It ain’t no big deal really. It really wasn’t my favorite school. I was going because I had a teammate on the team that was going too. He encouraged me to go.'"

I don't know if that's the attitude we need around the program at this point. If the kid wants to be a hired gun, then I hear Bryce Brown knows all about that. If they weren't your favorite school, then why did you sign in the first place? It sounds like a kid that wants to pass off his screw up as no big deal. Sounds like top 1% of 1% material to me.

Anonymous said...

based on the few clips I saw of this guy he really looked to be a stud but it takes more than talent to be succesful

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan