Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

October 21, 2009

UGA vs. Colorado 2010 Hotel Info


Image by Jim Hipple

One of the things we try and do here at the Georgia Sports Blog is help out with road game travel plans when we can. With that in mind, I wanted to let you know that many Boulder Hotels for the 2010 Georgia Bulldogs vs. Colorado Buffaloes game are now open for booking.

The game is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010 according to the UGA Media Guide. Here's a sampling of some of the hotel rates I've found along with distance from the stadium per Google Maps: (UPDATE: All the prices have changed. Call the hotels)
    Boulder Marriott - $239/night
    2660 Canyon Boulevard
    15 minute walk to stadium (Per Google Maps)
    Originally listed at $189. Price jumped a few days later.

    Courtyard Boulder - $99/night
    4710 Pearl East Circle
    2.3 miles from stadium
    Exceptional value at that price.

    Residence Inn Boulder - $139/night
    3030 Center Green Drive
    2.5 miles from stadium

    Homewood Suites - $107-139/night
    4950 Baseline Rd.
    2.5 miles from stadium
    Rate varies based on pre-payment as well as # of occupants.

    Holiday Inn Express Boulder - $135-149/night
    4777 North Broadway
    4.9 miles from Stadium
    Rate varies

    Quality Inn & Suites Boulder Creek - No Rate
    2020 Arapahoe Ave.
    15 minute walk to stadium.
    Appears booked (or they haven't opened reservations yet)
There are other places that are fairly close, but I gave you recommendations (except for the Quality Inn) for the types of places I stay when I'm on the road with the Dawgs.

I travel a lot for work, and I don't like staying in 2 star hotels. If you want to stay at the Best Western or Ramada Inn in a college town, you're more than welcome. But I'm not. There's actually a Best Western very close to campus, but I didn't research it. I typically stay at a Hampton Inn for personal travel. In fact, there is a Hampton Inn in Boulder for about $110, but it's located about 6+ miles away so I didn't bother to link given the other properties nearby.

This trip, I'm staying at the Boulder Marriott because I love walking to the stadium for road games. The trip to Tempe spoiled me in regards to walking to the game. I only listed the Google Map distances from the stadium. A search from whatever bar district (if any) they have would likely also be useful, but I didn't check into that. The rates were based on my best efforts as of Monday, Oct. 19.

The team hotel is unlikely to be in Boulder. They usually stay further out than that, but I didn't bother checking.

As for air travel, I'm going to wait until the NFL announces the 2010 Football Schedule before booking anything. I wouldn't mind sticking around Sunday and watching Knowshon and Champ play if the Broncos have a home game that weekend.

Hope that helps.

See Also:
-- UGA vs. Colorado: Tale of the Tape - From 2006 (GSB)

PWD

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Booked Marriott properties last week when the rates were slightly lower. For those who have a AAA membership, indicating you want AAA rates at the Marriott properties will get you 5-10% reduced rates. Also at this point you can book guaranteed reservations with a "date of arrival" cancellation date. That's big if you're concerned about what cut-off numbers will look like next Summer. The other plus to booking now is that last year the Stillwater hotels in some cases instituted prepay requirements and required cancellation 30 days before game date.

Jarred said...

Booked at the Homewood Suites a few weeks ago. Actually went to Boulder earlier in the summer, and noticed that cabs are readily available and fairly cheap to the center area of town. Can't speak for the others but the Homewood Suites is pretty nice and overall a good deal.

The 31st Floor said...

Just booked at the Holiday Inn Express.

From what I understand lots of bars around the 13th Street area which would be west of the campus/stadium.

I'm planning on getting out there

X-Dawg said...

Yes, we booked the Marriott for the Friday & Saturday of the game. We booked our room the day it became available and,using the AAA discount, we got it for $377 total for both nights. We are headed over to CO the Saturday before the game and plan on spending 3 nights in Colorado Springs and 3 nights in Estes Park before heading to Boulder. Airfare should be pretty reasonable to Denver since Airtran flies there. The main thing is to book early if you want to fly back the Sunday after the game.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this trip. We're heading out with no tickets. I hope it's not too hard to find a ticket. It would be nice if they are not $100 face value like some school's tickets are.

Don't worry about airfare. There is a new balloon flying service I've heard about that is located in Colorado. I plan on using it.

j.leonardjr said...

The Hotel Boulderado is another option I would recommend that is located on Pearl St. http://www.boulderado.com/

Pearl St is a four block pedestrian mall with shops, bars, and restaurants. You could walk to the stadium from Pearl St. but it is uphill and not that short of a haul.

The other bar area is called The Hill and is located right near campus. Colorado's campus is very compact. It is not spread out like UGA's.

BulldawgJosh said...

I booked the Marriott for Thursday-Sunday the first day possible, so i got the better rate, and I also love to be able to walk to the game. From there, you could really walk to pearl street if you want.

That Courtyard price is pretty sweet, though.

j.leonardjr said...

Actually, The Hotel Boulderado is not on Pearl St. It is very close though on 13th.

I am pumped for this game as I went to CU but grew up a Georgia fan. This will be a great road trip.

el diablo said...

anonymous,

brilliant.

I cant wait to see you land in your flying saucer.

will it be like when the skydivers come in with the UGA flag ??

This is the one of those times in my life i wish i knew how to photoshop.

Scott Summers said...

I knew a girl from Boulder once. She f***ed like a minx. Good memories.

Anonymous said...

Question: Paul you indicated you enjoy walking to the games. I assume you mean close to kickoff. With that said, where do you tailgate? do you walk early and "latch on" to a tailgate, case of beer in hand?

Dubbayoo said...

PWD, good call on waiting for the NFL schedule. I'd love to see KnowChamp play.

I can get friends & family rate at Holiday Inn Express so I think I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Great info...cannot beat the deal at courtyard! Booked 2 rooms with no deposit or cancellation penalty.

j.leonardjr said...

FYI...during my four years('89-'93) in Boulder I never did figure out where the big tailgating area was. I never witnessed a large congregation of tailgaters until I got almost all the way to the stadium. It was strange. I was always walking to the stadium from the west or southwest though. It is definitely a different type of fan out there. They aren't very educated about football which I found strange considering the history of the Broncos in Denver. It was an adjustment for me going to games there after growing up going to games in Athens.

Anonymous said...

I just graduated from UGA in May and moved back to Colorado (I grew up out here). I went to the Colorado vs. Kansas game this past weekend. The stadium is gorgeous, but the fans are definitely different out here. We "tailgated" in a parking lot called the "Kittredge West Lot." It's right off of Broadway at Regent. There were more Kansas fans than Colorado fans but there were quite a few of us in that area.

j.leonardjr said...

Hey I lived in Kittredge my freshman year at CU.

My plan will probably be to go to the Hill pregame to hit a bar unless the Bulldog Nation finds a good gathering spot. Is Taylor's still open on the Hill? That roof top bar was great. I am pretty sure Tulagi's is something else now. I haven't been back since CU played Miami in the late '90s.

Beak said...

Great Bulldog club out there, I was out there for the beerfest, and we watched the ASU game with them. I think they are going to try and set up some shuttle from denver as well

Unknown said...

I have stayed at the Best Western there in Boulder. It's actually fairly nice. I would recommend it. It has a restaurant, also, which is fairly good for breakfast. I can't comment on the other meals, but I'm sure they are good also.

Anonymous said...

From the perspective of a CU alumn, the best place to stay is the Boulder Marriott or the Boulderado to allow you to take in the town and Pearl St Mall. Otherwise, the Millenium Harvest House is a nice hotel and the closest walk to the stadium (typically the road team will stay here or in the town of Westminster).

As far as tailgating, CU has made it difficult for tailgaters so most people go to bars (Dark Horse/Sink) or houses and then walk to the stadium. The Kittredge Lot is for non-season tickets holders so it typically gets the road team fans. If you want a flavor of the game day experience, Farrand Field is your place. During half time, the field just east of the stadium is where tailgaters flocks to for some beers.

Folsom is one of the best places in college football to see a game, with some great traditions. Though unlike southern schools, CU is heavy on out of staters so the loyalty isn't as innate with some fans. By no means does that mean we aren't knowledgeable or passionate fans.

I'm looking forward to having the Bulldogs in Boulder, and hopefully CU finally starts playing to the caliber of our talent by the time you all roll into town....We're all still pretty bitter about letting that game get away from us in Athens.

Anonymous said...

where is the team hotel...anyone?

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan