- Marcus Lattimore is deserving of his hype. He's the next great SEC tailback. That guy's powerful, he runs hard, and is difficult to wrap up. SC is going to be able to do a lot of things on offense with a strong runner they can rely on to bail them out. He looked like Cecil Collins today.
- Despite that, we still haven't learned to tackle. I'll give Lattimore credit for breaking some tackles, but there were several critical plays where we didn't even make attempts to wrap him up with arms. Instead we tried to knock him down, not take him down. He's too good a back for that crap. Can someone teach our defense the fundamentals of tackling?
- Despite those problems, the defense played better than it feels like they played. They were physically overpowered much of the day, but only gave up 17 points. In the third and fourth quarters, they had some really nice defensive series and made Garcia look confused and tentative. The thing is, you just kept expecting SC to start feeding Lattimore and grind the game out and that's exactly what they did late in the fourth to ice it.
- Our offensive line is way overrated. Carolina has a good defensive front, but our running game was nonexistent after the first drive. Without a strong running game, our offense doesn't work. It's that simple. Searles has some work to do. Chapas's injury hurt, but our best second half rush was for five yards. We have to do better.
- Bacarri Rambo. Ouch, buddy. Flush this whole game and get ready for Petrino's passing schemes.