- Assists/Turnovers - Only 7 turnovers to 13 assists. It's tough to lose with numbers like that. In fact, any game where Gerald Robinson has 6 assists and 1 turnover is a good game.
- Rebounding - Georgia out rebounded Auburn 36 to 22. I actually counted three separate offensive rebounds off Georgia free throws.
- Minutes Played - The minute totals look a little high for such a blowout with Trey, Dustin, Travis and Gerald all cracking the 31 minute mark. However, it's helpful to remember that the last 10 minutes of that game were played at a pretty mellow pace. We're about as fresh as we can be given our situation. Price should be particularly fresh given his foul troubles and only 22 minutes played.
- Free Throws - I love that we got to the line enough to shoot 31 free throws, but we can't leave 9 points in miss freebies at the line against better teams. 71% isn't awful, but it's not good enough.
Around the nation, some games that would help us out:
- Michigan State vs. Iowa - At the half, they were only up by 2 at the half over a rancid Iowa team. A loss would soften the bubble for us and knock Sparty out of the bracket.
- Virginia Tech vs. GT - a part of me hopes GT wins to knock Va Tech out of the dance and to prolong their nightmare with Hewitt. Either way, UGA wins.
- Washington State vs. Washington - Lunardi has WSU on the bubble while Jerry Palm doesn't. A WSU win over UW would put pressure on the bubble for us.
- Clemson vs. Boston College (tomorrow) - I feel like BC is already in the tourney. Both Lunardi and Palm have Clemson as a 12 seed as of this morning. With an RPI around 61, a loss to BC should get them off our bubble. A win could be a problem for us.
Simple answer -- keep winning.