Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

November 13, 2011

Domination

I was trying to remember the last time Georgia played a quality*, ranked opponent and physically dominated them defensively like that. I was looking for games where Georgia knew exactly what the opponent's offense was planning and beat the hell out of them for even attempting it.

I think you have to go back to the LSU game in '04 to find a woodshed treatment as flawless, violent and dominating as that. I'm still blown away.

For most of the past 20+ years, I've considered Auburn the consistently most physical team that Georgia faces. With the exception the final few finesse oriented Terry Bowden years, the Tigers were a gut punching, brawling group. Even with Malzahn's offense, there's still a physical point of attack aspect.

That's why Saturday afternoon is even more impressive to me. To have the defense clobber Auburn and drag them out of the stadium by their manhood while the offense imposed their will and stole their lunch money is just staggering.

I'm so proud for the coaching staff at Georgia, and I can't wait to see what the future holds in the final four games. That's right...I said four.

Go Dawgs.

PWD


*Hawaii was not a quality opponent. They were just ranked as such.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'06 @ auburn

Mr. Sanchez said...

Michael Dyer has been impressive this year, until Saturday. Our run defense the last few weeks has been beyond belief. I love Grantham, and I really hope the Florida choke last year, and the Franklin nonsense this year, keeps head coaching jobs at bay, and Richt has found his Mickey Andrews.

Ginny said...

I would say the offense was pretty physically dominating too. Especially that last drive. We basically ran at will.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan