Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 7, 2012

Tuesday's Question for Camp

How not happy is Mark Richt over the injury report thing? Reading between the lines, very not happy:
"It wasn't my idea. It wasn't my brainstorm. But I'm part of the team," Richt said. "I think it's just to give you guys exactly what we want to give you. ... I think in football injury reports are important. People want to know what's going on. You've got family members that you want to consider when you throw stuff out there."
Suffice it to say, CMR isn't dedicated to Sparkle Motion. As you might imagine, the reporters love it, as it give them something to link troll with. Also, it gives plenty of room for various message board people to go meltdown over (think "how did he get a concussion, they AINT PUT PADS ON YET!").

I have to admit, I find myself unreasonably anxious over this as well. We have seen from the NFL that coaches use the injury report as a gamesmanship tool. I'm not saying Coach Richt would, but he has played certain information close to the chest in the past. That Marc Deas has a strained hamstring shouldn't change the way I approach my day, yet here I am envisioning all manner of bad things happening in Columbia over him not being able to go.

When are we actually teeing up? It can't get here soon enough.

TD

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan