Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

September 18, 2012

The SEC Network's Reach

I never really thought about the SECNetwork's reach. As far as I knew, it isn't much more than a glorified Jefferson Pilot, with ESPN branding. That is until you look at the reach of the station clearance list for the Kentucky vs. Florida game.

By my count, the SECNetwork 12:21 game of the week is shown in 21 of the top 25 TV markets (Boston, Seattle, Portland and Sacramento) and in 32 states, including Alaska and Hawaii. If you are keeping score at home, that is a wake up game Hawaii.  That is just an incredible reach for a team that lost to Western Kentucky this past week.

I haven't paid much attention to the clearance list (basically the weekly list of stations authorized to carry that programming) recently, so I don't know if this is typical or if there is some sort of go gator thing working. If you noticed it, please note that in the comments.
TD

4 comments:

prozach dawg said...

For the Buffalo I checked the list and I know that the game was available for my siblings to see in Philly, Miami and L.A. My perception is that the list doesn't change that much week to week.

Anonymous said...

CW affiliates now can pick up these games in larger markets.
Saw the Buffalo game over-the air in Minneapolis on their CW station.

Anonymous said...

I live in a small beach town in CA, near Los Angeles, and the SEC Network's reach is CRITICAL to my Saturdays. They put in on the local access channel in HD, so I'm always enjoying a "JP" game when I wake each Fall Saturday.

ugakerri said...

Up here in NYC we get the Noon SEC Network game just about every week of the Fall. Towards the end of the fall, a week or two may get knocked for hockey coverage. Let's hope that isn't the case this year.
Ironically, it is on the Madison Square Garden channel..

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan