- If it wasn't apparent that Jarvis Jones is the heart and soul of the defense, it should be now. Watching the highlights, it is easy to see that no matter how hard opposing offenses work to slow him down, they basically have to count on him to miss.
- As for the rest of the defense, the big guys up front were relentless in pursuit. Ogletree played a huge game. Rambo was effective on blitzes and in coverage. Just a great defensive performance.
- I'll wait to see the replay before I say this definitively but it looked like this was the best the offensive line played all season. Florida was looking to bring pressure from all angles and times. Good game.
- Hello, Zander Ogletree.
- Yes, Murray had a (statistically) bad game. He had three interceptions, but only one was a bad decision. Florida came into the game ranked 3rd in the nation in pass defense. They are now 16th. Seriously, Murray's game wasn't great, but it wasn't the disaster everyone was expecting.
- Gurley and Mitchell. Both are big time, big game players. We'll see much more of them doing stuff like this in their careers.
- Having said that, I hope Mitchell knows what he could have cost the team with the mouth running. It didn't matter in the end, but at some point, he's going to give Pwn Wagers' crew a chance to be a game changer if he doesn't stop it.
- I was willing to get down on Grantham, but I thought his plan was spot on for handling Florida. As I mentioned, Florida has been living on the long running plays. As far as I can tell, the longest run they had was 17 yards in the 3rd Q. Driskel's passing numbers were blah, too.
- Coach Richt showed some emotion. He also laughed. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
I'll have more when I get a chance to watch the game this week.