- Line play - Whipped our asses. Both sides.
- Offensive coaching - There is no doubt the line play contributed Murray's issues. He looked about as comfortable as I would in my ex-wife's lawyer office. However, we had a single minded devotion to that receiver screen play that bordered on insane.
- Receivers vs. Dbacks - They only had six passes completed (for 162 yards, by the way), but their blocking schemes were perfect. On the planned runs, Shaw didn't really get threatened until four to six yards pass the line of scrimmage.
- Special teams - [insert Jon Fabris now coaching at Indiana joke here]
- Fans - It pains me to say this. Absolutely, horrifically pains me. South Carolina's stadium is a better atmosphere than Sanford right now. It was packed and loud at kickoff. It was packed and loud at the end. They were spectacularly into the game. They are hungry in a way we haven't been in a long time. No two ways around it.
- Defensive Coaching - I think Lattimore just picked up another five yards. We didn't adjust and it looks like we didn't recognize just how badly we were getting our clocks cleaned on the zone-read, at least until it was way out of hand.
October 7, 2012
That is how South Carolina beat us.