Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

November 19, 2012

SECC Game could be BCS Title Game or Chick-Fil-A Bowl

Assuming UGA beats Tech, there are scenarios which would put UGA in a position of going to either Miami to play for the national title or falling all the way to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

It will obviously depend on what happens with numerous other games on Saturday, but it's very possible that Bama, UF, LSU, SC and TAMU would all be ranked ahead of UGA and therefore more desirable to certain bowls due to geography if UGA were to lose the SECC game.

In other words, we probably need UF or SC to lose this week....just in case.  Both losing would hurt the argument that the SEC is the supreme conference and its champion is therefore somehow ordained to play for the MNC.  LSU losing to ARK would also be a win for us in the event that we lose to Bama.

The best solution -- just win baby.

It's crazy that we are three games away from what was unthinkable leaving Columbia, SC.


If you're a player reading this....STOP AND GET BACK TO WORK.  ;-)

PWD

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know when the UGA ticket office is going to release the cut-offs for SECC tickets (or actually send them out)?

I doubt I qualify, but I would rather pay face value then trying my luck on open market.

Go Dawgs!!!

PatinDC said...

So the Dawgs could be in ATL again for the Chick Fil A bowl. Not sure how exciting that is. All though good local base.

I miss the days when teams could go to other bowls. Tired of the same three options.

Moot point I guess if the Dawgs go to Miami.

Tony Waller said...

Patin, I don't share the same gloom PWD does. I think we go to the Outback, no worse, with a loss. Especially considering the CFA bowl has a short list that specifically includes LSU and SC, but not UGA.

watcher16 said...

I think I read they would be letting people know the 21st but I could be wrong

Anonymous said...

Agree with Pat in that I wish we weren't always tied into the same bowls vs. the same opponents. I wouldn't mind meeting the Irish in Miami though!

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan