- Florida - Not the best team in their state, but still could make a deeper run in the NCAA than any other team in the South, including Duke and Miami.
- Ole Miss - At some point, Ole Miss is going to run into officials that see everything from the other side. When they do, the Rebels are in deep, deep trouble.
- Kentucky - Was Nerlens Noel really that good?
- Missouri - The Tigers need a good win to solidify their place in the NCAA tournament. Beating Florida would count.
- Arkansas - Great win over Missouri isn't enough to make up for 20 point losses to South Carolina and Vandy.
- Alabama - Will likely end up with 13 conference wins and no NCAA tourney bid.
- Georgia - Could rank the Dawgs 10th as easily as 6th. Based on how they have played against superior teams recently, I'm ok with this spot.
- Tennessee - Nearly moved them up based on the win over Kentucky, but I wanted to see what the Wildcats do moving forward. For now, they still look like they are playing Buzz Peterson basketball: talented but underwhelming.
- LSU - Laissez les bons temps rouler! Baseball season is here.
- Texas A&M - At least they aren't Vandy....wait....they lost to Vandy?
- Vandy - Even 1982 Dean Smith thinks the Vandy style of offense is plodding.
- Auburn - Attendance is up with Cam Newton sitting in the student section, so they've got that going for them.
- South Carolina - 0 for February. At some point, Frank Martin has got be thinking about trying to piss off Ray Tanner, right?
- Mississippi State - State: Doing even less with less in '13.
February 19, 2013
Not an easy week with the crazy upsets (think Tennessee manhandling Kentucky) and close games (Ole Miss/Georgia and Arkansas/Missouri). I used to be secure in Mississippi State being the worst team in the conference, but South Carolina's suckitude is getting to those levels.
The only thing I am sure about is the top place in the poll.