This year, he is hosting the second annual Charles Johnson Foundation Sports Academy and Family Night on June 21-22 in Hawkinsville. The Sports Academy and Family Night includes a youth sports camp and a family event. It is open to kids located in Middle Georgia in grades 1- 12.
There will be multiple NFL and NBA players in attendance, all with ties to Georgia. Former Dawgs joining Johnson include:
- Fernando Velasco (Wrens, GA, UGA) – Tennessee Titans
- Justin Houston (Statesboro, GA, UGA) – Kansas City Chiefs
- Jarius Wynn (Augusta, GA, UGA) – San Diego Chargers
- Thomas Davis (Shellman, GA, UGA) – Carolina Panthers
- Corvey Irvin (Augusta, GA, UGA) – Tampa Bay Bucs
- Akeem Dent (Atlanta, GA, UGA) – Atlanta Falcons
The camp includes football, basketball, cheer leading, and dance camps, and wraps up with a Middle Georgia Family Night which includes autograph sessions with the athletes involved. For more information regarding the Charles Johnson Foundation and to register for the Sports Academy & Family Night please visit http://charlesjohnsonfoundation.org.