Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

June 12, 2013

Chubb selects UGA

I don't do much with recruiting, especially in June, since it feels a lot like counting chickens and all that. However, one thing I've noticed, as have others, is that Georgia's pace is behind last year. Of course, last year was the famous 35 spot class, so we had room. One other thing is that we famously missed on all the big name running backs we targeted (I know we didn't really, but I'm not one to get in the way of a meme). Now Nick Chubb has announced he is coming to UGA.

Carvell's article has a couple of great quotes in it. My favorite is Rusty Mansell's gem "Nick Chubb is a finisher; this kid will run slap over you." He seems to compliment Sony Michael quite well.

One other thing that is standing out in June recruiting. We only have 10-12 scholarships to award, absent folks leaving for the NFL early and other attrition. Meaning we'll end up with 18 or so spots in February 14. We currently have 8 or so commitments. Based on what I am seeing, I'd think we're targeting the best available athletes and not worrying about positions, although I'd be surprised if we don't look hard at finding one more LB, which means a big push on Raekwon McMillan.

All of this comes with the caveat that it is only June, it being a long way until NSD, and shit going down on the way to the jetties.

TD

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan