Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

January 11, 2014

Lakatos resigns. Why should I care?

Ok, he's gone. I don't think he was forced out. Frankly, I was surprised he didn't resign right after Tech. When he didn't and Coach Richt made his 'no staff changes' comments, I thought he'd decided not to. But, here we are.

So why should I care? Should I be excited because his group was responsible for so much anguish in 2013? Should I be sad because he coached up some pretty strong performers in 2011 and 2012? Should I just shrug and expect Todd Grantham to hire another guy we've never heard of who he knows through the NFL? Should I mourn the lost potential of him getting to coach up approximately 44 freshmen starters from this year?

The main things I do care about is whoever comes in doesn't try to make wholesale changes in how we roll coverage, how guys approach coverage schemes, and/or has coached DBs behind our base defense. And I also care if we can convince Manny Diaz that he should become a position coach again, because that'd be awesome.
TD

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan