Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 30, 2014

Lewis Grizzard's letter to his son

I'm not posting all of "Great moments in a would be father's life" because I don't want to be accused of living in glory years from 30 years ago, but it fits with my current mind set. My favorite passage is
I hugged perfect strangers and kissed a fat lady on the mouth. Grown men wept. Lightening flashed. Thunder rolled. Stars fell, and joy swept through, fetched by a hurricane of unleashed emotions.
Grizzard was an unmatched poet when it comes to capturing a moment that all of us can relate to, even if you weren't alive in 1984. He hated Clemson the proper way, lustily and with vigor. Actaully, he hated everyone UGA played in the same way. 

Here's hoping folks have a few more names to add to their boy names list after tonight. It is game day folks.
TD

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan