Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

August 25, 2014

Monday of Game Week

Quick thoughts as I recover get back into the grind:
  • Estes has semi-confidence in a depth chart. I keep trying to find hope in the reluctance of coaches, especially on defense, to single out guys at positions. I keep failing to do so.
  • The one thing on defense I am excited about is how they keep talking about simplicity and attack. That'll be a nice change if they've been able to coach that into the players.
  • Another take away from Estes' piece is Greg Pyke's ascension in the offensive line pecking order. I love having the rotation guys in there, but still am stung at how inconsistent this unit was last year. That'll be something to focus on with a very good Clemson defensive front coming to town.
  • I'm nervous about our receiving corp after Conley and Bennett.
  • Also, don't be surprised to see us run some sort of jumbo package with Hicks and Rome in the game. Just a hunch.
  • I wonder what is going on with Collin Barber. After the blocked punt at Tennessee, he started screwing with his footwork. He hasn't been the same since then.
Also, I plan on having a CFB football pool again. I was on the fence, but Noladawg convinced me. Look for it tonight. If you've been a past participant, you will get an email from Fun Free Office Pools about it, as well.


Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan