Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

October 5, 2015

Leitch on UGA

I ruminated a similar post. Let me be clear, I was not one of those that left. I stayed until Saban crossed to shake Mark Richt's hand, because if I'm going to be there when we get to the top, I'll be damned if I'm going to wear the shame of not supporting my team when they weren't at the top. After all, I still showed up at the end of the Ray Goff era. I still showed up at the end of the Jim Donnan era. I drove 10 hours four + times a fall during the 2006-10 nonsense to be in Athens (not to mention Stillwater, Fayetteville, Lexington, Nashville, and Jacksonville).

But Leitch is right:
There was a week, through all the slop and the mud, when Georgia fans put aside their fears and their frustrations and their history of never quite being there, that they believed this was going to be different. It took 90 minutes for them to be disabused of that notion, again, and again, and again, and again. There may be a time, one has to think, when Georgia will at last reach the heights that its fans believe it can, and should. That day was not Saturday. Saturday was the opposite of that. Saturday was like the others, but worse. 
I could quibble about it being worse, but right now, I don't know. The one thing I disagree with anyone about (including Leitch on the podcast) is that this isn't the "Georgia blowing one game" thing. We didn't lose to a team destined for 7-5, like last year. Alabama is a better team. I just thought we were, too.

TW

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan