Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 13, 2005

Blog Poll Update: My early Top 25 Thoughts

So here's my first draft of my Blog Poll pre-season ballot.

Blog Pollsters are required to rank based on where a team is TODAY. Not where it will finish the season. This is a critical difference in this poll and other polls.

The measurement: how do you think the different teams in the poll would do if they played each other today on a neutral field. Then you rank from there.

Paulwesterdawg's Pre-Pre-season Ballot:
1. USC
2. Texas
3. Iowa
4. Michigan
5. Miami
6. Louisville
7. Oklahoma
8. LSU
9. UT
10. UGA
11. VT
12. Ohio State
13. Auburn
14. Purdue
15. FSU
16. UF
17. Boise State
18. UVA
19. Texas A&M
20. Boston College
21. Oregon
22. Arizona State
23. Texas Tech
24. Pittsburgh
25. Colorado

Big 12 - 5
SEC - 5
ACC - 5
Big 10 - 4
Pac 10 - 3 (which is probably 1 too many)
Big East - 2
WAC - 1
    Thoughts:
  • My confidence in my rankings starts slipping after pick #20. Those last 5 could be pulled out of a hat in any order.
  • I intentionally put the top of the SEC in a big bunch. I think UGA, LSU and UT are all exceptionally close right now.
  • Rating a second Pac-10 team is very tough for me. I'm trying to learn more about those guys, but it's hard to take any of them seriously this year. And by seriously, I mean above #20 or so.

If you've got thoughts / comments on my preliminary ballot let me know via the comments button below. I may change it

once more before I submit it.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan