Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

July 30, 2005

College Football Preseason Concensus Top 25 Polls

All of the non-critical college football preseason polls are out. This site takes a look at them all and then gives us the average ranking. By non-critical I mean, this list doesn't include the AP or Coaches (or whatever it's called) polls.

Interestingly, UGA is ranked #14 which to me is about right if we're basing it on where we are *right now*. If we're basing it on where I think we'll end up, then 9-12 is more like it. Let's be realistic here. If UGA goes 9-2 or better we're going to play yet another slow Big 10 team and we're going to win. Just as we always do.

If we go 8-3, then we'll some how end up playing a deeply flawed Tier 2 ACC team again in the Peach and we'll win that. If get a BCS bowl bid, and we lose the game we'll still end up around 9-12.

3 Thoughts on Other teams:
1. UF is a tad high. I have them for 3 losses this year (including bowl).

2. Iowa seems a bit low. Interestingly, opinions vary most about them. Some polls having them as high as #2 and others as low as 15th

3. Pitt. I need to research these guys more b/c I am BAFFLED by the hype/praise I've seen lately. They were a horribly unimpressive team last year when I saw them. They had to go to double OT to beat Furman (who I'm not convinced didn't have chicks on their team). Utah beat them like they stole something. They also lost to a wretched Syracuse team and Uconn. And, they barely beat a Notre Dame.

Anyone on those consensus rankings look way off to you?


Posted by Paulwesterdawg for the Georgia Sports Blog.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan