Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

October 14, 2005

Quick Predictions for the Weekend

Here are a few quick hitters on some of the weekend's biggest games:

USC vs. Notre Dame -- The only stat I needed to know. "Both offenses are among the top 10 nationally, but the big difference is USC is 38th in total defense while Notre Dame is 94th." (Source: ESPN) Notre Dame hasn't really stopped anyone. I think the Trojans win. If the Trojans come out ready to play in the first half --- for a change -- they win by 2 TDs. If not, they still win.

LSU vs. Florida -- Things get harder for Urban Dukakis every week. LSU will start blitzing Leak when he gets off the bus. They will continue to blitz him during warm ups, and I'm expecting some blitzing during the post-game press conference. Addai is probably the single most underrated player in the SEC, and I don't think the Gators can stop him or the LSU passing game. If LSU plays for 4 quarters, they win.

Ohio State vs. Michigan State -- At some point, you have to be able to score SOME points. Ohio State's offense makes Georgia's look like something out of Tecmo Bowl by comparison. I hate picking the Spartans b/c they are such headcases, but I like Michigan State in this one.

To use Kyle King's term my game of "Disinterest" would be Kansas State vs. Texas Tech. Two teams I don't care about who've played no one battling in a Lubbock pissing match. Hopefully, Kansas State will win so that I can bring the hammer on TTU in the rankings.

Speaking of T. Kyle King, he breaks down the weekend's national games in *detail*.

He also goes deep inside the Georgia vs. Vandy affair. My favorite line is from the Feel Good Stat of the Week. "In 2005, Vanderbilt has outscored the opposition by ten points (141-131). In 2005, Georgia has outscored the opposition by a hundred points (159-59)."

I don't know what the spread on the Georgia game is, but I think we win by 21+ points. We're Georgia. And Under Richt we don't cover.

pwd

1 comments:

82 said...

Well, the line is only 16 so I guess you think we will cover. Dawgs are 2-2 against the spread this year. Also, saying CMR doesnt cover isnt quite true. We covered more games than any team in NCAA outside of 1 in 2002.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan