Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

November 9, 2005

Georgia Bowl Prospects

Here are the most likely opponents I could see us getting:

Sugar - West Virginia
Citrus - Ohio State vs. Michigan Winner
Outback - Ohio State vs. Michigan Loser
Peach - Florida State

Why....
The Jax paper quotes Gator Bowl officials as saying they don't want the loser of the ACC Championship game.

The only way we get stuck with Wisconsin (again) is if they beat Iowa at home and Hawaii on the road AND if Michigan beats Ohio State AND Florida loses to Florida State AND we lose the SECC game to get sent to the Citrus instead of Florida.

I can't imagine the Outback getting stuck with Wisconsin vs. UGA again.

As always, I can't see us in the Cotton. Bama, LSU and Auburn would all be more attractive to them.

You know what's crazy? I'd rather play Ohio State, Michigan or even FSU in any of the scenarios above than play West Virginia. As JM said, "In the old days, if you got a bad Sugar Bowl opponent, you still got to enjoy NOLA for a week. The Sugar Bowl at home is just cruel."

Don't get me wrong, I want the team in the Sugar Bowl b/c that's what's best for the program. But a game with WVU in the Georgia Dome doesn't thrill me.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan