Pollspeak.com has taken apart the voter ballots for the AP College Football poll. The site gives you the ability to examine the ballots of individual voters, look at how individual teams were rated, and compare Team A to Team B by voter. (Image: Hipple)
Before we start throwing voters under the bus and praising others, check out these comparisons:Couple of things jumped out at me:
- Kirk Herbstreit has UF #1, UGA #2 and Ohio State #4. Who else was expecting to see OSU, Wisconsin and Michigan ranked 1-3 on his ballot? Me too. (ht - jimfromduluth)
- Adam Van Brimmer of the Savannah Morning News is the best Voter in the Universe. He has UGA #1, Ohio State #8, UF #21, Clemson #22 and Texas Tech #23. Whatever
Claude FeltonThe Savannah Morning News is paying him, they need to double it. Note: He's from Ohio. (image: Van Brimmer)
- Craig James is a douche. I've always felt he was a total clown, and this ballot reinforces that opinion. He puts Georgia in at #6. He's one of only three voters to have UGA that low, and only one voter has the Dawgs lower. James also has Arizona at #23. In reality, I'd think he was a douche even if he had Georgia at #1.
- Mitch Vingle of the Charleston Gazette (WVa.) has the Bulldogs at #7. That's the lowest rating of any voter. He puts both Auburn and Clemson over the Georgia Bulldogs. We've obliterated Auburn the past two seasons and return more key players, yet we're now worse? As for Clemson, we'd beat them by 7-10 on a neutral field if given the chance. Another gem, USF at #8.
- Ray Rotto of the San Francisco Chronicle has Georgia at #6, Florida at #1 and Clemson at #5. As Blutarsky said, why is it that people just assume Florida's wretched pass defense will be better, but Georgia's team won't improve? That's not putting words into Ray's mouth as much as just stating...UF at #1? Really?
- Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News submits a ballot that would suggest he's never watched college football. He has UGA #6, UF #1, and he has Tennessee and Illinois unranked. However, he does rank UNC #17, Tulsa #20 and Notre Dame #25. He's one of only two writers who gave ND any votes.
Whack Job Ballot of the Year (Non-UGA Category)
Taylor Zarzour of WPTF-AM (Raleigh area) delivers a ballot for the ages. He has UGA ranked #3 so I've got no beef there. However check out some of his other expert calls:
- Cal at #6. Only 10 of 65 voters put Cal on their ballots at all, and the second highest ranking was #16
- PSU at #8. Seriously?
- Boise State at #11. Only one other person listed BSU on their ballot.
- Ohio State at #13. All Big Ten bashing aside, that's a bit much for a team returning 19 starters.
- And yes....Notre Dame at #25.
-- Adam Van Brimmer's Blog - Savannah Morning News
-- AP Poll - ESPN