Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

February 25, 2009

You know you're old when...

..guys younger than you are named "legends" by the SEC.  Per Georgiadogs.com:
Two-time All-SEC forward Shandon Anderson will represent the University of Georgia as part of the 2009 class of the Chick-fil-A SEC Basketball Legends.  This group, which includes one ex-player or coach from each of the 12 member institutions, will be honored at the SEC Tournament March 12-15 in Tampa, Fla.

There have been guys almost my age like Litterial Green who have been picked for this honor.  But Anderson if the first guy younger than me.  Damn.  This is the kind of thing where I expect to see Vern Fleming or Willie Anderson.

I am old.  Guys younger than me are honored legends?  Geez.

/shaking head

PWD


11 comments:

dstarnes said...

you mean Litterrible.

Anonymous said...

damn, you are old.

hahaha

Get off the interwebz, loser ;)

Anonymous said...

Reggie Tinch FTW!

Anonymous said...

Where's the love for Pertha Robinson?

Anonymous said...

Vern is my age...so watch it.

Anonymous said...

Paul:
Pretty soon you'll be suggesting John Wooden as HC for the b-ball team (the spry whipper-snapper) and boasting about how you scooped all the baseball writers when you were the first to report the Sox trading Ruth to the Yanks.

Anonymous said...

You want to feel old, work the door at a bar sometime and see the birth year of kids you're legally serving.

Anonymous said...

Reggie Tinch was a MAN! I never figured out why Ray Goff didn't get him to play linebacker.

Willie Anderson remains my favorite hoops player, and probably always will. It helps that he was great, and my years in school matched his. I feel old since I heard about Shandon....

Anonymous said...

you think YOU're old. I survived the Johnny Guthrie era, when stellar talents like Curtis "Stickman" Jackson were leading the charge.

Actually, Stickman wasnt a bad player, but we were pretty bad back then, too.

Scott said...

Geez, you're young! I saw Dominique Wilkins play at what was then called the Georgia Coliseum! I saw the only Final Four team at Georgia.

I was a junior when Herschel Walker was a freshman and we won the National Championship. I was at the sUGAr Bowl with the Redcoats to see them Dawgs whoop Notre Dame. I was also in Jacksonville to see Buck Belue-to-Lindsay Scott.

I was a freshman the last year Georgia had a Willie Mac Attack!

It was my last quarter, yes, Georgia was on the quarter system, when I saw Kevin Butler beat Clemson on a 60 yard field goal. And as long as Butler is still Kicking for Carolina, I won't feel as old as I am!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Scott, for god's sakes, you must feel really old. Butler never kicked for Carolina, he's been retired for years.I believe you are thinking of John Kasay, who, while still a Bulldog, followed KB at UGA by several years.

maybe the long term affects of marijuana smoke really ARE more serious than people thought in the early 80s.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan