If you had told me preseason that Aaron Murray would throw for 2,851 yards, 24 TDs and only 6 INTs with one game remaining on the schedule, I would've thought for sure that we'd have won 9-10 games. Easily. But here we sit at 6-6. (Image by Jim Hipple)
As a point of comparison, here are the first year starter totals for other recent UGA QBs:
- Joe Cox (RSr.) - 2,584 yards / 24 TDs / 15 INTs
- Matt Stafford (Fr.) - 1,749 / 7 TDs / 13 INTs
- DJ Shockley (RSr.) - 2,588 / 24 TDs / 5 INTs
- David Green (RFr.) - 2,789 / 17 TDs
- Quincy Carter (Fr.) - 2,484 / 12 TDs
- Mike Bobo (RJr.) - 2,440 / 13 TDs
- Eric Zeier (Fr.) - 1,984 / 7 TDs
Murray's current passer rating of 162.7 is greater than Mike Bobo's UGA single season record of 155.8. His 61.8% completion percentage is third best in UGA history for a single season, and he's one TD away from tying the single season Georgia record Matt Stafford obtained in his final season before being the #1 pick of the draft.
All of which baffles me when I think about us being 6-6.