Georgia Sports Blog FanShop

January 9, 2012

I Guess I have to Root for the SEC in the BCS Championship

I have a confession. I am not an SEC homer. Yeah, I'll root for the random SEC team during an early season OOC game, save for Tennessee, Auburn or Florida. I'd root for the Soviet Union against Florida. Just the way I was raised.

However, during this run of national champions, I have been generally agnostic about SEC teams winning. I'll admit to a bit of pride at being a fan of an SEC team during this time, but nothing good comes from another Alabama or LSU national championship. Right now, the only real thing I am rooting for tonight is a good game. That and the under.

That feels good to get off my chest.
TD

6 comments:

Mr. Sanchez said...

Agreed. We recruit against these guys head to head, and when they can show recruits a crystal football that we can't, that's bad for business. All the SEC national champs of late are not good for Georgia football.

Dawgnoxious said...

As I've said before, I love the SEC but I hate everyone in it.

FisheriesDawg said...

I'm rooting for LSU tonight not because of any conference loyalty or anything, but because they deserve it more than Alabama does. There's something inherently wrong with the idea that LSU has to beat Alabama twice (once on the road and once at a neutral site) to win the national title yet Alabama only has to win once.

To the rest of your point, I was actively rooting against Florida in 2006 and 2008 and Auburn last year. I was indifferent to Alabama in 2009, and I was relatively happy when LSU won in 2003 and 2007. I don't get why just because you happen to play a team more often than another you should be happy that they win a national title.

Pa said...

Well,

I am rooting for LSU to kick Bama's ass.

BCDawg97 said...

In the early run of the NC titles, yes, it was good to pull for the SEC so that the next year, you may get the benefit of the doubt (though I never pulled for Florida because that was a direct competition for recruiting).

But at this point, the biggest factor as a Georgia fan is recruiting. Agreed that the crystal ball is a big recruiting tool we don't have. So gotta go LSU because we recruit more against Bama.

citizencrane said...

It could be worse, Imagine being an Arkansas fan... Could you imagine if USCe and UF were playing the BCS national championship.

I'd cry like a bama frat boy.

 
Copyright 2009 Georgia Sports Blog. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan