- You could tell from the get go that Georgia's players were ready to go. That being said, Murray has to do shots or something before the game to get his eagerness out.
- Murray would have been in the neighborhood of 80% if our guys hold onto passes that hit them in the hands.
- The Missouri fans were so very nice. They are really, really happy to be in the SEC.
- But.....booing when an opposing team's player is down is very bush league. I get it, you thought he was stalling to slow down the offense, but booing him when he is helped off the field? Very Florida'esque.
- The Georgia crowd was awesome. While there were fewer people there than I would have thought (I guessed 10K) and they had us spread out in one large group and three other smaller groups in the other upper corners of the stadium, we were loud all night. Same goes for the band members there.
- In all seriousness, if you are a Georgia fan selling Georgia tickets in the Georgia section to fans of the home team for away games, shame on you. There weren't too many of them, but it still irks me. I am a big fan of the free market system; there are plenty of markets to specifically reach Georgia fans. Use them, please.
- Especially considering there were a number of Georgia fans on the ground that I personally saw refusing to sell tickets to Missouri fans above face value because they were waiting for Georgia fans to sell to. Which they did for face value.
- You can complain about Aaron Murray all you want, but the back shoulder TD pass was NFL quality. Standing in the pocket and taking the pounding while consistently delivering the ball, especially in the second half, was huge.
- Did you know Missouri accounted for 30% of their total yardage on the two long TDs? Grantham still has some stuff to coach up on this defense.
- Columbia is a great town. Can't wait to go back in two years.
September 10, 2012
I'll get a chance to watch the game again tonight, but I do have a couple of random thoughts to share: